Zirconia (Zirconium Oxide ZrO2) is a first-rate oxide ceramic. And for good reason, too! This high-performance ceramic has truly remarkable properties that open up a wide field of applications such as medical technology. Due to the required purity zirconia is mainly manufactured from electro-fused or chemically precipitated raw materials. . Basically, there are two different types of zirconia, MgO stabilized (MG-PSZ) sintered at 1,650° to 1,750° C and Y2O3 stabilized (Y-TZP) sintered at 1,450° to 1,550° C.
The material properties in accordance with DIN VDE 0335/DIN EN 60 672 set new standards:
- Excellent tribological properties
- Very high strength
- Very low thermal conductivity
- Highly resistant to corrosion
- High wear resistance
- Very high breaking strength
- High thermal expansion
- Good setting of oxygen ion conductivity depending on the composition
- Our injection molding process allows the manufacture of complex components
Whether as thread guides in the textile industry, extrusion tools in wiring production, components in sliding bearing technology, zirconia has been the first choice for some time now. There is also a growing demand for ZrO2 for knives, scalpels, forceps and other articles used in medical technology.